Friday, December 30, 2005

Keep a Victory Log!

by: Catherine James

Do you ever think that you’re the only one that gets into a “funk” or has a bad hair day? Do you say to yourself that I can never move this brick wall that I’m hitting my head against? Well I can assure you that you are not. We all get into a “funk” at one point or another. What is different for each of us is what action we take or don’t take to get out of this “funk”.

Time and again I’ve had the opportunity to work with people who seem to be in a ”funk”. They get caught in the spiral having one bad day after another. Then adding frustration into the mix, it just seems to make matters worse. You don’t want to talk to any one, you don’t want to do what you need to do. I’m not talking about depression, I’m talking about those days that you can’t get motivated no matter what you do!


Chocolate is what helps us at the mid-afternoon lull, but I’m talking something entirely different here. I’m talking about those times when you feel like you’re spinning your wheels. Those times when you can’t figure out where to begin or you start to loose site of a task that you are fully capable of doing or even the job that you’re avoiding doing. When you say what’s the point.


Well there is an easy way to prepare in advance for these little “funks”. Keep a Victory Log! It’s something that each of us can do. Many keep it in a journal, notebook or their daytimer. Others may keep it on their computer. One of my friends keeps hers on the bathroom mirror, while another keeps hers in a scrapbook.


Are you asking yourself what a Victory Log is? Don’t worry most people don’t know either, so read on.


A Victory Log is just a simple listings of your victories, your pat on the back, things that have worked out wonderful for you. Many include their spouse, children . . . . others include that big account that they won or the day they walked across the stage to get their diploma or some other event. Don’t forget about all those great ideas that you come up with. It doesn’t matter how big or small it is, just so long as you see it as a Victory!



Now I’ve personally added another twist to my personal Victory Log, I keep a log of my Company’s sales and the categories of the sales, it’s what gets me excited and reminds me that I’ve had bad times before and have been able to continue moving my business forward.



So pull out the stops and start making a list of your Victory’s. If you’re having trouble coming up with a list, ask some of your friends what they see or remember as one of your Victory’s . . you may be surprised and realize that you have enough to write a book!



Catherine James is Managing Rep and Chapter Director for Country Bunny Bath & Body and President of Dixie Cullen Interests and Industrial Storage Company servicing clients around the world. She is a 2003 National Top Ten Business Woman of American Business Women’s Association. She can be contacted at catherinejames@bunnymart.com http://www.cbunnyrep.com/3854

Article Source: www.ladypens.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home